Monday, January 6, 2014

Disneyland Trip November 2013

Around a year ago we all set out to schedule a time that my entire family could go to Disneyland together.  We got almost everyone and sure missed those who weren't with us.  We had such a great time.  I have recently been overwhelmed with such strong feelings that I have to enjoy every second I have with my children because it won't be long before they are "all grown up."  I have never felt this feeling stronger than on this sweet Disneyland trip!

We all had different flights but the Watrins left at near the same time as  us.  Here we are at the airport ready to take off!


We all arrived at our hotel at different times so we made a wonderful trip to the Cheesecake factory!  Talk about starting a vacation off right!
 I had to add this picture of Mitchy!  Every time we go on vacation he ends up on the Hide-a-Bed in the couch!  He is always such a good sport about it!!  

Disneyland Day 1
We must start every vacation with a good cheer from Kim!  Well, Hayden has become Kim's new dance partner.  That boy has rhythm!!  
We started off day 1 at California Adventures making a mad dash for the "Cars Ride" We ran so fast we only waited about 20 minutes in line!  We also got a fast pass and were able to ride it 2x that day!  I LOVED this ride!!  Here are the kids waiting outside California Adventure.  Not sure why we chose to pose around the trash can!


Tay and Mae at the Cars Ride!  Mae may or may not have stuffed her shoes with paper towel to be tall enough to ride every ride!  The girl was afraid of nothing.  Well, okay, she did get a little scared in Space Mountain.  After the ride was over I asked her how she liked it and she said "I just closed my eyes the entire time."  LOVE HER!!  


Over the next 3 days we would spend lots of time riding rides, getting photos taken with characters, watching parades, eating churros and totally loving each other's company!!


We divided up in 3 groups!  Everyone will tell you they got the best group but I contend that I did.  I hung out with Sam, Jord, Mitchy, Anders and sometimes Reag!  We rode all the big rides but didn't rush from one to another like the big kids (Ryker, Taylor, Hayden and Hunter)!  The "littles" Mae and Kinnick hung out with Kim, Jill, Grandma and Grandpa!

The "traditional" Disneyland photo!  Love it!!
 One of the  many times we rode Tower of Terror.  Andrew LOVED this ride and was set on the fact that he would ride it at midnight!

 Daisy Duck!  Look at Kinnick's face!  He is so unsure!  Before we left Disneyland he knew every characters  name and he now talks about them like they are his besties!
 Reagan, Hunter, Hayden and Taylor waiting for the "Screamin" 
 Grandma and Grandpa on the Toy Story ride
 Here we are waiting in line for "Soaring over California"  Mae had to "rig" her shoes for this ride.  As we entered the line the held her finger to her mother and said  "shhhh"  then looked down at her shoes! One of my favorite Mae moments ever!
 Kids in California Adventure
 Mitchy is recently obsessed with airplanes.  Check out the pose.  He thinks he is 30.
 Minnie Mouse.  Please note Kinnick's pink lamb.  Love it!!
 Chipmunks…  Kinnick still not sure.  Maelee however had to hold EVERY characters hand!  
 My favorite character photo!  So cute with Goofy
 Anders with some Star Wars guy!
 Here is a photo of "My Crew"  The best company ever!!  When we got into groups I told the kids I had 3 words for them:  Rides, Drinks and Treats!
 Beautiful Jord
 Family Feud:  Taylor was outnumbered as the lone BYU fan!
 How sweet is this??
 Watching a parade in California Adventures
 The kids love their dad!!  
Our final ride on Space Mountain!  I will treasure this photo!  I will treasure so many memories about this trip.  Hayden and Captain EO.  Jill making jokes during Captain EO.  Jordan doing the splits EVERYWHERE!  Kinnick riding Pirates with me.  Mae stuffing her shoes.  But more than anything I will remember what a special age each of these wonderful kids was at.  They were all perfect!  I wanted to freeze time!  Next time we hit Disneyland Ryker will be home from a mission.  Hunter, Hayden, Mitch  and Taylor will be getting ready to leave!  Jordan, Mannie and Reag will be teenagers and Andrew, Kinnick and Mae will be the age of Jordan and Samantha!  

I am so grateful for the family I was born into!!  I am grateful that for 4 days in Disneyland everything was "perfect!"  

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers