Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2013 Year in Review

 2013 was a crazy, wonderful year for us.  We were blessed with so many wonderful events!  Here are just a few!

Jeff and I were sealed in the Logan Temple. We were surrounded by so many of our close friends and family.  It was truly a wonderful day that I will never forget!  We also had some other fun events in 2013 but none that compare to that one!!  Jeff and I were able to go to Mexico with our good friends for a week and we had SO much fun!  We traveled with all of our kids and my parents to Virginia, Washington D.C. and New York for Chase's graduation.  We went to Disneyland with my entire family and it was so awesome!!   I took the girls to the Mall of America with Kim and Samantha and it was delightful!  As for me, I am rather boring… I started skiing with my friends on Wednesday and I look forward to it each week.  I kept going with my game night group and love them to death.  I continue to serve in the R.S. Presidency and love the Sisters I serve and the sisters I serve with!  We went to St. George and Bear Lake several times.   I spent a few weekends away with Jeff and spent a few weekends away with my sisters.  I spent countless hours in the car!  I am grateful that I get to stay home with my kids and remind myself how lucky I am every day.

Jeff continue to amaze me with everything he does!  He runs circles around me!!  He traveled to countless places for work and sold tons and tons of iFrogz and Zagg products.  He began working from home/commuting to Salt Lake.  He doesn't love the drive and I don't blame him!!  He is however positive about everything!  He spent a weekend in St. George with his friends from High School.  Went on a fun weekend trip to a Denver Broncos game with his good friend.  Met Chase in Denver to watch the Broncos play the Redskins.  He ran Ragnar again and this year the team had their lowest time ever.   Drove out boat for numerous house in Flaming Gorge and Bear Lake so everyone could have fun!  He serves in the Elders Quorum Presidency and continues to be an awesome husband, dad and provider.   I consider myself the luckiest woman in the world!
Chase graduated from Virginia Tech in Mechanical Engineering.  We were all able to go out to attend his graduation.  A few months later he took a job as an Engineer in Texas and works SO hard!!  He recently was able to transfer to Wyoming which I love because he is closer to home!  Chase continues to be such a bright spot in our lives.  He and Jeff get along so well and I love watching them interact.   2013 will forever be the year Chase became an adult.  I am so proud of him and love him loads!
Taesha continues to work hard at Domino's and goes to school part time.  She continues to love music and is becoming interested in the computer part of music.  I know there is a technical term for that and I don't' know it!  She continues to have a large personality!!


Taylor continues to love all things soccer!  She spent hours and hours playing soccer.  We love our soccer family and are so proud of her for the hard work she puts in.  She tore her calf muscle in late February and amazed me with her hard work to get back playing soccer!
Tay continues to ski and play the violin.  She is working hard on her personal progress!  She started 8th grade this year and started a new school.  Wow!  My sweet girl is getting so old!

Mitchy started 7th grade and went to junior high.  He continues to make us laugh endlessly with his witty sense of humor.  He is so loving and fun.  He took guitar and fencing lessons and continues to love all these Legos.  He has an incredible mind for that and it amazes me!!
This is the year Jord became a "lady"  She loves to be proper and get all dressed up!  She fell in love with dance and will do the splits in all sorts of random public places!  Jord is so sweet and loving I often say to Jeff that I wish we could just freeze her!  She is a blessing in our home!  She continues to have such a great sense of humor.  We never know what is coming next!
We lost my Grandma in July of 2013.  She was such an incredible lady and has left an awesome legacy.  I had adopted her motto in life which is "have a bar and go to bed."  I have learned to enjoy every moment and not always rush for the next one!  I often feel her close to me and feel so blessed to have been her granddaughter and spent some of her final hours with her.

Overall, we are so grateful for 2013 and the lessons it taught us.  A classmate of Taylor's passed away in early  2013 and that experience has also changed our family forever.  We continue to be grateful for the Gospel and the Atonement and blessed to be a member of the Latter Day Saint Church.  Where much is given much is required…  So for 2014 may we be a little nicer, more patient and give a littler more!!

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers