Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chase moves to Texas (August 2013)

Last May Chase graduated from Virginia Tech in Mechanical Engineering.  With his graduation I knew there would be no more long breaks from school where he came home!  Chase was home for about 10 days and off he went to Texas to start his first career job.  He was hired for Packers Plus in Midland Texas as a "junior field engineer."  The package they offered him was fabulous, it was just too far away (according to me)!  On Sunday, August 11th Jeff and I took Chase to the airport and off he flew to Texas.  So happy and so crappy.  I told Jeff he should have left me home because I cry which makes it harder for everyone!!
 Off he goes!  He had 2 other huge bags that he checked!  His company provides furnished housing and a truck so he didn't have to take much!
 2 of my favorite men!
 Off he goes...
 When Jeff took this picture he said "he is a man now."  Jeff is right, although he will always be my son and I will always feel a need to help and take care of him!  
Chase sent me this photo when he arrived.  He landed in Houston and stayed there for a few days for training and to get his vehicle then drove to Midland.  He has been working for several weeks and is adjusting well.  I cant wait to go see him and see where he lives! 

There is NO instant gratification in college.  It takes A LONG time to finish and a lot of hard work.   So proud of Chase for finishing and so excited that he was rewarded with a great job!  Love you Chaser!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers