Friday, May 7, 2010

Music & Mountainside Mile

Recently I have been ultra emotional.  I don’t know if it’s because I am watching my girls grow up so fast.  They are both growing into such incredible people and doing it way too quickly for my liking.   I am reminded daily of the responsibility of raising such special spirits.

Recently Taylor had an end of year orchestra concert.  My camera has been on the fritz so I only got a few photos.  Jeff got some with Taylor’s camera but I have not yet got it ready to down load onto the computer.  Jeff, Grandma, Jordan and I attended her concert.  Grandpa had to to on a call at the last minute and asked Grandma to bring Taylor 3 roses because he could not be there.  What a wonderful person!  My girls could not have better Grandparents.

mile 009

Taylor played the violin this year.  She learned a lot, is going to take lessons this summer and keep playing next year.  I am so proud of her! 

 

Today was the Mountainside Mile.  The city of Wellsville is famous (in Cache Valley at least) for the Wellsville Mile.  The students in Taylor and Jordan’s elementary school practice for the Wellsville Mile by holding the Mountainside Mile.  What a fun, incredible event.  Hundreds, yes hundreds of parents came to the school to watch their children.  I love supportive parents!  Where else do hundreds of parents come to watch their children run around a field!  Incredible!

I was not on the ball and missed Hunter running, but made it for Taylor and Regan.  Taylor did great and ran near her personal best.  I cried when she started and cried when she ended.  The good news is, everyone was crying!  To see kids work so hard and exert so much physical and emotional energy is an incredible event. 

mile 012 mile 013
mile 016 mile 017

I realize I probably sound like a broken record but Taylor has the best friends.  I feel so blessed that she is surrounded by such incredible people.  Check out the top left:  Yes!!  Mother of the year forgot to send her in her tie die shirt!!!

mile 014

Brytan and Taylor,  they are such fun friends.  They came in within one second of each other.   I absolutely love their friendship!

Jordan and I stayed to watch Reagan.  I LOVE to watch Reg run.  She is so steady.  She puts her little head down and goes, never speeds up, never slows down.  Taylor ran with her to help her along…  made me cry again!  My girls are so blessed to attend school with their cousins.  I absolutely love being a part of the “school life” of the my nieces and nephew. 

mile 024 mile 023

The bottom right is Reagan’s cute teacher helping the kids stretch out!  All in all and incredible day.  A day that again reminds me what a wonderful community I am a part of and what fabulous people I am surrounded by!

2 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Seriously why was that day so emotional? It is so strange the things that will get you!!! I love it!!

jilljohnson said...

What a fun time for all the kids involved. I cry all the time about things like that.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers