Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Big T!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful, hard working, talented mom.  When she became a “rancher’s wife” we began to lovingly refer to her Big T. 

My mom has been the best mother, grandmother, teacher and friend I could have asked for.  I never realized how hard my Mom worked until I became a mother myself.  On a day like today when I have worked 9 hours, cleaned the house and mowed the lawn I appreciate my mother even more!  She worked that hard every day!  She is an incredible example of charity and kindness. 

To this day she attends nearly every event of my children’s and all her grandkids.  We figured that last year she went to an average of 9-10 soccer games a week.  On top of that worked full time, is the Stake Young Woman’s President, tends my girls one day a week, endlessly serves my grandmother, attends swin meets, dance recitals, piano recitals, gymnastics meets, school events and church events.

I read once that the only script we get for appropriate parenting is the script our parents write for us.  I am so lucky to have such a well written manual!  I love you Mom!

christmasrecital09 006 May2009 068
stgeorge09 002 Christmas07 123

3 comments:

jilljohnson said...

I agree we do have a great mother! She is a true example of an amazing women in so many different ways.

Stephanie and Jason said...

You do have an amazing mother! Tell her Happy Birthday for me!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Mom does rock!!! It will be fun to celebrate tonight. Jordie has been hard at work all day getting the decorations ready. I just now (3:00 PM) let them go watch a movie. Jord looks really tired.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers