Sunday, June 16, 2013

Washington D.C. Day 3 (May 20th)

Day 3 was a little less intense than the previous days.  Day 3 was also Taesha's 21st birthday.  Wahooo!!  I am going to be completely honest, we also went to the Holocaust Mesum and I think it was on Day 3 but I can't remember!  You couldn't take photos so I have no point of reference.  Anyway, that was a choice experience, one I never care to take again.  Jordan got a little spooked so she and I had to leave the tour.  What a dark time that must have been.  The people that lived during that time must have been choice Spirits, must stronger than I am!

On Day 3 we took a tour of the Capitol building.  This building was magnificent.  Everything about it was big, beautiful and just awesome!!!

 Not exactly sure what Chase is posing in front off.  It was in the waiting room area of the Capitol.
 Here we are ready to head on the tour!
 Rotunda...  Just beautiful and the history behind it is spectacular!
 Mitchy
 Jord
 Tay

After our Captiol building tour we headed to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.  We only had a few hours before closing time but I really enjoyed this Museum.  Mitch and Jord probably liked it the most of all of our kids.  
 Mitchy posing in front of some sort of dinosaur.  Mitchell is somewhat of a history buff so he totally ate this up!
 Jord in the Butterfly Pavilion.  Jordan could have stayed here ALL day!
 Chase and some sort of butterfly
Here we are all waiting for Jordan.  We eventually just had to pull her out of there.

After our adventures here we went to California Pizza Kitchen for Taesha's birthday dinner!  Happy  Birthday T!  


These photos are totally random and quite disgusting!  The kids were SO tired they are sitting on the floor at the Metro!   And I was so tired I was allowing it!  YUCK!!!


No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers