Saturday, June 29, 2013

New York City Day 1 (May 22)

We took the Amtrak to New York City which was absolutely delightful!  I would recommend it to anyone.  It was quiet, easy and spacious!!  I didn't get many photos of that journey.  Here is the best I have!!  That is really bad!
Everything in New York is BIG!  Everything!  I am so glad we had the chance to see New York City.  It was a little anxiety provoking herding the 3 little kids around.  There are SO many people everywhere and I felt like I needed to be holding on to everyone of them ALL of the time!  Crazy?  I know!!  Our Hotel was literally on Times Square.  We could see the view below outside our hotel window.    

When we arrived in New York City we ate (shocker) and then headed to the M&M and Hershey stores.  They were about 1/2 block from our hotel and Mitch had been dying to go!!
Sorry again about the photo.  Taylor would die.  For some reasons the photos I downloaded from my phone didn't transfer well.  Anyway, Jord had filled a bag with pink M&M's before we even knew what she was up too!  That girl!  Love her!   My Dad and I also filled bags of Dark Chocolate peanut M&M's and Almond M&M's which made for a delightful snack early in the morning and late at night!

We also took a night tour on a double decker bus.  We went to all 5 "boroughs" of New York City, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Staten Island.   We went on the Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan and Queensboro bridges (if my memory serves me!)

We had a great day.  We stayed in the Marriott Marquis in Times Square and from our hotel room we had an excellent view of Times Square.


No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers