Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Birthday to the Relief Society

I am currently serving in the Relief Society Presidency in our ward.  I love the Sisters in our ward and the women I work with.  I am the 2nd Counselor which puts me over what are  now referred to "Relief Society Meetings"  formerly known as "Enrichment."  Everyone that knows me is not laughing out loud!  Totally not my cup of tea!  Thank Heavens for a great committe chair who is oozing with creativity!!!  

One of our big activities is the Relief Society Birthday Party.  Our theme was Soar to New Heights:  You are one of a kind.  We had a great turn out and it truly was an incredible evening!  We made a "place holder" for each sister with all of their unique and "one of a kind" characteristics. 



The decorations turned out awesome!  Again, my comittee chair Jenny Robbins is SO talented.  Here she is hanging up our banners.  Seriously???  LOVE HER!!
I truly have the BEST committee.  Often times these committees have several members who are a "little less helpful."  Not mine!  Every member of  the committee came and worked all day and cleaned up all night.  These ladies are a huge blessing in my life.  I also LOVE spending time with them!!  Here are a few photos of what the final product looked like.



It really turned out beautiful.  My good friend Deb Miles did the program.  She spoke and sang.  Her testimony and her talent are both incredible!  Sister Susan Reeder made these incredible cupcakes (which none of us photographed!!) for everyone.  She is so talented, they were beautiful!!  

We had an incredible fun and spiritual evening and I am truly blessed to rub shoulders with all of these ladies.  I love them all!!!  

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers