Thursday, March 7, 2013

OUCH!

Last Wednesday (2 days before Jeff and I were planning on leaving to Mexico) Jeff and I were at a meeting at the church.  I received a text from Taylor's friend Lucy.  Lucy is ALWAYS joking.  Since I was in a meeting I ignored it.  At a break in the meeting I read the text and it said, "Taylor is hurt, and I am not kidding."  Right as I was reading the text Taylor's coach called me and said to meet him at the Instacare.  He told us Taylor had been having what he felt like were leg cramps for about 30 minutes.  Jeff and I hoped in the car.  On the way to Instacare we called Aunt Kim who ran across the street and grabbed Jordan.  Seriously, what did we do before we lived across the street from the Watrins??

Anyway, when we arrived at Instacare Tay was in a wheelchair.  She was crying,  Lucy was crying, Kaycee (coach's daughter) was crying and April (Lucy's mom) who had meet us at Instacare was near tears.  You have heard me say how much I love these people??  This is why!  Taylor was in so much pain that even the lady (whose son happens to go to school with Taylor) started crying just watching her.

The Doctors at Instacare aren't really trained in sports injuries but they were really great to Tay.  They gave her a shot for pain and then pain medication, which saved our lives!

Look at poor Tay's face.  We were trying to tell her funny things but it didn't work so well!

 If this isn't the most tender picture?  That night Tay actually preferred Jeff to me.  When she had to get shots and her blood taken it was his hand she wanted to hold.  He certainly takes great care off all of us and Tay's trust in him showed that night.  Love them both beyond words!  

Here is my sweet girl 1 week later!  She has a torn calf muscle.  After two trips to the Orthopedic Dr and two physical therapy apts.  The Dr put her in a boot to help keep her foot at a 90 degree angle.  The boot has already helped tremendously!  Today her Dr told her at least 6 weeks until she could start to use her leg in any way.  She cried right there on the examining table.  Her first game of the Spring season is in 4 weeks.  Life lessons come in all forms.  When you CAN'T do something it only reaffirms your love for it!

I mentioned above that Jeff and I were supposed to go to Mexico.  I think I cried more tears on Thursday than I have in a long time.  After talks with Kim, Taylor and my Mom we went.  Truth be told..  I still feel a little guilty.  We had an incredible time (look for details on the trip in my next post).  I can't ever thank my Mom, Dad, Kim, Shea and Jill enough for taking care of Taylor.  My Mom put in SO many hours last week.  Kim slept over several nights, which meant that Shea was taking care of their kids alone.  Jill fixed crutches, drove my kids around and because Jill is more of a sister to Tay than an aunt provided some really good company.  I am seriously humbled by the acts of kindness my family received last week.  Thank you all and I love you.

I knew Taylor was my right hand woman but until I didn't have her as a helper I never realized just how much she does!!  What a wonderful girl!

One a funnier note...  Evidentially Jord didn't want to be left out.  She used an old walker we have here and hobbled around the house for several days.  I need to recreate a photo!  Martha Fern!!  

2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Look at the awesome Boot! I hope that it will help things inprove fast! We love you Tay, Oh and I hope all is well with Jordan's foot too!!! I love Fern so much!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Oh shoot...a boot!! I am glad though that she is getting help..poor thing. The pictures from your trip look awesome! You could go again next week and I would be happy because it would mean more Tay and Jord time!!! Love them!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers