Monday, November 1, 2010

More Halloween…

Halloween NEVER ends.  By the time Saturday rolled around and it was time for the traditional “Trick-or-Treat” my kids were tired of putting on their costumes.  Good thing that only lasted for a second.  But before that… 

We spent Friday at school having parties.  Here is Taylor right before heading to school.

Halloween2010 014

She seemed to have a great party!  I was in charge of Jordan’s class party so I didn’t get to see Taylor at her school party!

We had a great time in Mrs. White’s 1st grade class.  We ate spiders, drank witch’s brew, make ghosts that fly, heard fun stories and played great games and every child got a costume award.

Halloween2010 017 Halloween2010 018
Halloween2010 022 Halloween2010 019

I love 1st graders.  They are still so sweet and cute.  Check out AJ on the far right, his mom is SO into Halloween thus his incredible costume.   On the bottom left if Jordi’s incredible teacher Mrs. White.  We are so blessed that Jordan is able to spend 6 hours a day with her!  Also on the bottom right is little Cade.  His dad’s family was close family friends of ours and he just delights me!  He has all the fire of his dad and I love it!

On Saturday we made caramel apples.  There is a story behind that.  Samantha wandered over to me a few weeks ago during Sacrament meeting.  She sat on my lap and said “I sure wish I could have a caramel apple.  I have never been able to taste one.  Have you?”  Well from that ensued our plan to make caramel apples.  Mitchy was here and it turned out to be a really big, really fun project!

Halloween2010 024
Halloween2010 029
Halloween2010 026
Halloween2010 028 Halloween2010 027

Hunter dipped apples with us but we never got him in a photo!  The kids had fun and the apples were delicious.  I definitely had a sugar hang over on Sunday.

We didn’t get many, OK any of Trick-or-Treating or the party at grandma’s house.  The kids had a great time going door to door and then we went to grandma and grandpa’s had pizza, ate more apples, worm desert, witch’s brew and had a fish pond.  I stole these photos straight from Kim’s blog.

100_3589  

100_3595

Overall we had a great week! 

Halloween2010 031 

Mitchy:  Soldier

Halloween2010 032

Jordan:  Bat or Witch depending on her mood!

Halloween2010 033

Taylor:  Sumo 

When she got home she said:  Brytan and I have decided that next year we are going to be something cute and glitzy.  We are going to be girl pirates!  What a great friend!  Needless to say Taylor was done being,  well being…  a sumo.  She was ready to go back to pink, earrings and skinny jeans!! 

1 comment:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

I ate every last bite of the two apples you sent over last night. Seriously I am still on a sugar rush!! Tons of fun!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers