Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cousins and Concert

We had a week full of cousins!  I have always felt so lucky to live near my family.  My  mom makes dinner for us every Sunday.  My kids look forward to this all week!  When my mom got called as the Stake Young Women’s President one of the ways we helped “lighten her load” was by taking turns cooking one Sunday per month for her.  Last Sunday it was our turn.  I am never sure what exactly goes on when the kids are playing together!  Our presentation this week was hilarious!

nov2010 001

Again, not exactly sure but I love it!!  Please take not of Samantha’s face!!!

During the week we were able to have Reagan and Hunter on Tuesday night, Wednesday and Thursday morning while Samantha went on her “one on one” with her parents!  I absolutely loved having the Watrins over.  Reagan is my cohort in crime when it comes to watching endless hours of the Food Network.  Needless to say, after spending two nights staying up late they kids were pooped!

nov2010 002

On Friday night Mountain Crest played in the State Championship game.  Taylor has been part of the “pre-teen” crowd that walks that track during football games!  Those of you who went to MC know exactly what I am talking about.  Anyway, my cousin Troy is one of their best players and Taylor truly feels like a super star and brags often about being related.  She came home the day before the State Championship game and said one boy in her fifth grade class asked her if “Troy is really as tall in real life as he looks when he is playing football.”  HOW FUNNY!!   We have went to several games this year and I have really enjoyed it. 

On Friday, Taylor and I (Jord opted to stay with her dad), Grandma and Grandpa and the Watrin family headed to Salt Lake.  Unfortunately, Troy got a concussion on an incredible catch very early on in the game.  Unfortunately, he was never able to return to play in the State Championship game.  Unfortunately, Mountain Crest lost in over time. Fortunately, despite all of that it was an incredible evening!  Fortunately Mountain Crest showed incredible class!  Fortunately, not one player from Mountain Crest did anything that wasn’t absolutely admirable! Fortunately, we were able to remind our kids the lesson of close family.  When Troy was hurt he kept looking in the stands for his family.  On several occasions the coaches pointed out his mom and he would wave and she would wave back.  By the end of the game his brother Brian had left the stands and was standing on the side line next to him.  When your are down you need your family even more!

nov2010 007nov2010 006  

Taylor and Hunter during over time.  They had a blast!  We also got to watch the Caprielle’s dance which was an added bonus!  My sister in law is the coach and puts in countless hours to make them look SO good!

On Saturday Taylor had a violin/piano recital.  She has been taking from Rachelle Cook Jones and we love her!  With Rachelle’s help Taylor has improved on the violin SO much!  Taylor sounded great and I love the “young lady” she is turning into.   Thank you to Grandma, Jeff, Jord and Mitchy for coming! 

nov2010 013 nov2010 015

nov2010 017 

Oh and P.S. about Taylor growing up..  She shaved her legs the other day… Without my knowing.  She is such a rule driven girl she told her before she even got out of the tub!  Good thing to because they were patchy..  to say the least!!!  Where does time go?

4 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Ok so I love the kids in the band picture, taylor looks cute in your tutu, and she looks so old at her concert. I can not believe she shaved her legs, I am going to ask her today if I can feel them? What did she do with the hairy nebus (not sure if that is spelt right)?

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Cute post...post lots because I am going to have to steel photos from you and Jill's blog until Christmas when I can get a new camera!!

Amy Parker said...

Hello Jodi, I am so glad you found my blog, now I can keep up on your beautiful family also. Taylor, like Ty is growing up so dang fast. She is such a cute kid, just like all the rest of your children. Hope all is well and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

momofsomja said...

LOVE the family picture! So cute! You and your girls are just darling!!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers