Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weekend at CES

Every year Jeff attends CES (Consumer Electronic Show) in Las Vegas. This year some of the men invited their wives down to spend the weekend following the show. So, none of us wanting to pass up a chance for fun jumped a flight for Vegas.

When we got to the airport in Las Vegas we had instructions to go to door 11 and talk to a certain guy(I forgot his name). He had a limo waiting for us. We were more than a little silly! It's amazing what happens to 5 responsible mothers when they get away from responsibility (kids, house, regular life)! At one point the limo driver thought we were all married to the same man. Another taxi driver was told by my friend Katie that he needed to spend more time at home and less time in shady places. She was shaking his finger at him, so hilarious!!! The driver took us to the "show." When we arrived all of our husbands were waiting outside the show on the curb to greet us. It was very sweet.
After we went to the show we got in the limo and headed to a spa. We each had a massage and a facial reserved. It was SO relaxing. I felt super spoiled and super grateful!
It was really an incredible experience for me to see Jeff work. I knew he was great at what he did and loved it but being a part of the experience brought me some significant insight. I gained a new appreciation for the talent of Jeff and the team he works with. Their booth was incredible. I am always proud to be married to Jeff but that day I was amazed by the man I married!
We were so spoiled and went to two great Cirque du soleil shows. We spent a day shopping! We ate at fabulous restaurants. Quite possibly my favorite eating venue was this one. It was a crepe joint and it was incredible!! My favorite part was we went there right after dinner. These are my kind of people to travel with!!

I love the men Jeff works with and consider their wives to be some of my dearest friends. They are definitely people I love spending time with. On a side note, which no one will care about or find memorable, except those of us who were there. 6 of us crammed into a compact car and traveled across town. The jokes were many as were the cramps from sitting so stinkin close!!

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers