Thursday, February 23, 2012

Soccer in Mesquite

Taylor recently began playing competitive soccer. She has a great coach and is working so hard. They practice 3 hours a week and go to cross fit 2 hours a week for conditioning. It has been an incredible experience. The team went to a tournament in Mesquite over President's day weekend. The girls and I left on Thursday morning and Jeff came down on Friday with Ryan and Jamie. The weather was great! Other than great weather I am unsure what the draw to Mesquite, Nevada is!
Here is the "silly" photo after the last game. The girls played 4 games in 2 days. The soccer complex was beautiful. It had 5 turf fields and had a beautiful view. I know, I too thought there was nothing beautiful in Mesquite!!

Taylor's team has some incredible talent. But even more important than that some incredible girls. They were fun, worked hard and were good sports.

After an early morning game the team and their families ate breakfast together. We had such a great time meeting all of these wonderful people. I get so excited and feel so good when I know that my kids are involved with other great kids and families.
Kendall was playing soccer in St. George so we were able to catch one of her soccer games. Kendall is a great defender and she was fun to watch. Kyson is quite frankly one of my favorite people in the world and I loved every minute with him. We stayed at the same hotel as Ryan and Jamie so we were also able to meet for dinner and swim together. Super Fun!!

I am really proud of Taylor and all of the hard work she is putting in. One top of soccer she continues to play the violin, piano, participate in the photography club at school, have activity days and get all A's. I am tired just driving her to all her activities!! Way to go Tay! We love you!

1 comment:

Amy Parker said...

Looks like a fun trip! I can't believe our kids are getting so grown up. I hate that they grow up so dang fast. Hey we also saw you at church a few weeks ago but didn't get a chance to say hello. Ty and I really wanted to visit with you and Taylor. Hope all is well.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers