Thursday, February 23, 2012

Catch up

I suppose I have given up on the thought of really catching up with the blog on everything I missed. I missed our 10 day vacation to Disney World and a cruise. I missed Christmas and New Years! Maybe some day I will catch up! So.. here are the events of the past month!

We had a great Valentine's Day! Taylor was able to "dress up" for school. Special thanks to Aunt Jill who helped Taylor with the tutu. Taylor knows me well enough to just tell me to call Aunt Jill whenever anything crafty or involving sewing needs to take place. Jordan dressed up for school as well but I didn't get a photo. Jeff sent me 3 dozen roses and we celebrated with dinner on two different nights. We will never pass up a party. The Saturday before we went out ourselves and then on Valentine's night my Mom and Dad had offered to take the kids so we met my brothers and sister for dinner! Thanks Mom and Dad
Every year Mountainside Elementary has "Western night." Jeff and Jordan have gone the last two years. Jordan just thinks it is the best thing ever. They get their picture taken and learn to swing dance!

Sometime in January (can't remember exact day, thats what I get for being a blog slacker) we had we our neighborhood now refers to as "the flood." Our little town was all over the news. Unfortunately "the flood" visited the Morgan's house. Our basement had water, we will NEVER complain because compared to some of our neighbors we were super lucky. We lost some carpet pad and that is all. It had rained through the night and the ground was frozen and not absorbing any water so it ran right downhill. We got water twice during that day. We ended up with sand bags and a sump pump. Here is about the only photo I got. Jeff is rearranging the sand bags. We spent the day helping our neighbors and good friends who lost everything in their basement. During that day I was reminded to the strength of my family. My dad spent the entire day helping us and our neighbors. He brought pumps and worked hard all day. My brother took extra tow truck calls so mu dad could help us and our neighbors. Shea took the afternoon off work and came and help and Hunter helped us in the evening. My mom helped with our kids. I was also reminded of the strength of the community in which I live. Men around the neighborhood left work to help others out. We sucked water out of carpets, pulled out carpet pads, dug trenches and carried sand bags. Families gave of their time and money to help others out. Before the day was over we were closer as a neighborhood and ward. I felt he spirit throughout that day so many times. In the evening when our basement got water the second time Jeff had gone down to the city sheds to get more sandbags. Before he could make it home 3 of our neighbors were here to help. They had seen him down there and came right up. Our neighbors let us use their big fans and everyone was so gracious with their time. Once again I was humbled to be part of such a great community and ward!

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers