Thursday, April 12, 2012

Book of Mormom Marathon



As usual I am behind. No excuses here, just behind. At the beginning of March our ward had it's Bi-Annual (is that what you call every other year) Book of Mormon Marathon. This is the 3rd or 4th time we have done this... I can't remember which. Every time it is a MAJOR blessing. Every time I am so glad that I took the time to participate.

Taylor and Jordan participated as well but I didn't have my camera with me on Thursday and Friday. I got a "mattress" picture on my phone and at some point will have to download it. For the last 3 Book of Mormom marathons Taylor and her friends have all sat on a blow up mattress in the middle of the room to participate. What a blessing to live in such a great place with such good, long term friends!!Mitchy fell asleep at one point... Or at least acted like he was asleep.




Mitchell was here that weekend which turned out great. He seemed to love it. He sat by Hunter and Jaren and I think they played paper, rock, scissors for a good hour!
We finally finished up on Saturday night about 8:30. When the reading was finished the Searle's played on the piano and cello A Poor Wayfaring Man of Greif. It was absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. The spirit there was incredible! It was so peaceful that Samantha fell asleep while I was holding her. Those of you who know what a go-bot she is will recognize the miracle in that! I truly love this event. I love the Book of Mormon and am already looking forward to our next marathon!

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers