Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This past week…

April is the new December.  I swear every spring (if you can call it that based on the rain and snow) I want to crawl in a hole and take a long nap.  In the past week we had Taylor’s birthday party, 2 soccer games, 2 soccer practices one orchestra party, Jordan’s spring class party, the biography fair and Easter.   On top of that I got a wild hair (a stupid one at that) and decided since strawberries were on sale it was time to make jam.  But you will never hear me complain!  This is the life I choose and the life I love.  I am blessed to have so many opportunities. 

We had Taylor’s family birthday party last Monday.  My mom (Kim and Jill) are making quilts for all of the kids.  Taylor’s turned out so cute.

April11 013

As usual we had great food and laughed a lot!

 April11 021 April11 002 
 April11 015 April11 004

Taylor got a pair of jeans from her cousins.  I suppose I deserve a child that LOVES expensive clothes.  They are really cute!  Check out baby Kyson.. What a chunk of love!  He totally melts my heart!

Taylor also had the biography fair.  All of the fifth graders dressed up like historical characters and made a display with facts about the person.  The parents/guests then went around and asked questions to guess who each student was.

Taylor was Susan B. Anthony.  Her display was darling.  She did every bit of it herself at school. 

April11 022

April11 024April11 023 April11 025
   

All of the kids did such a great job.  It is so great to live in such a great community!  A community were hundreds of people (literally) come out to see 5th graders participate in a school activity!

We had a great Easter.  We missed Mitchell SO much.  The girls had an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday morning then we went to Layton to Taylor’s favorite restaurant Tepanyaki.  Jeff did a final four pole for the family and each of the girls won some money that they had to spend on clothes so we also went shopping.  We had so much fun! 

April11 029 April11 033
April11 034 April11 032

What a great week!  I am so bummed because I didn’t get a picture of us in our Easter Sunday clothes!  What a great day.  We had an incredible Sacrament meeting that truly touched me.  I am grateful to be part of the only true church.  I love the spirit of Easter and the celebration if affords all of us.

1 comment:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Everything looks so great...Taylor looked adorable at the Biography Fair. Hold on tight because May seriously looks busier than April:)

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers