Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy 11th Birthday Taylor

Happy Birthday to my sweet Taylor.

weddingblog 039

In the past year Taylor has grown up to a young woman.  Taylor has had so many accomplishments in the past year.  Here are a few:

She made Ambassadors which is an honors orchestra made up of 5th graders in the valley who tried out.  Not only did the make the Ambassador orchestra but she played the first chair violin part. 

springbreak11 039

As usual she had endless support.  Grandma and Grandpa made it to 4 concerts.  At her final concert she had 13 people there.. just to hear her play.  When her Ambassador group played together for the last song I teared up..  The ending of an era. 

Taylor went on her first cruise this year.  She also went to Moab, St. George, Yellowstone and Island Park.  As well as many trips to Idaho Falls, Bear Lake, Salt Lake and Beaver Mountain.

springbreak11 016 cruise2010 133
Feb11 007 Yellowstone 032

Taylor also played soccer and was in SO many different recitals/concerts it was hard to keep track of. She got to play with the Principal players of the Orchestra of Temple Square.  Indeed on of the highlights of my year.

Orchestra10 018

However, given all of that incredible stuff, Tay did even more magnificent things!

She finished her requirements for her Faith in God through up until her 11th year.  Which each girl is supposed to do during their 11th year or she would have bugged me until we got it done.  She reminded me every night to read scriptures.  She was on the Youth 2000 which is a student body group who represents values and honesty at school.  She gained a testimony of her own and is learning to recognize the Spirit.  Last Sunday was fast Sunday and she bore her testimony.  Later she said this:  “It is so weird that sometimes I just can’t get out of my heart that I need to bear my testimony.  That is the Holy Ghost. 

Taylor had a love affair with her friends:

Copy (2) of weddingblog 004

She continues to choose great friends with incredible families.

She also had a love affair with “MaeSue”

Copy (2) of weddingblog 012

When Taylor is around Mae is hers!  When Jill is busy quite often Taylor is the only person Mae will go to!

I hope that is several years when Taylor reads this she will remember the strength and solidity of her character.  She will remember that the Gospel is key in her life.  That prayers are answered and our Heavenly Father recognizes her as an individual and unique Daughter of God.  I am blessed and humbled that my Heavenly Father choose me to raise Taylor.  I am sure He knew I needed her.

Happy Birthday.  I love you!

3 comments:

Amy Parker said...

She is so beautiful!! I can't believe our babies are getting that grown up. Tell her happy birthday and we will hopefully see you at the wellsville mile next month.

Camille Pedersen said...

I completely adore Taylor. She is such a sweet girl. I know where she gets it, she has an incredibly sweet momma. Hoe things are going well.

momofsomja said...

She is as beautiful as your tribute to her! Love it!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers