Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference at the Ranch

Every fall and spring we head to the Ranch for general conference.  It is usually relaxing and quiet.  This spring was SO fun..  but quiet it was not!  The older the kids get the louder they get!  Mitchell brought his Nerf guns and the boys LOVED it!  For 3 days she chased and shot each other.  They also went sledding, snowmobiling and spent plenty of time on the WII.  I didn’t get many photos but the kids all slept in the bonus room.  Even Andrew, who had to sleep between Hunter and Mitchell!

ranch11 001

This year my Mom has been tying quilts for all of the Grandkids for their birthdays.  Jill and Kim have done the lions share of the work.  Jill had 3 quilts ready to tie and brought to the ranch.  I have great memories of tying quilts with my grandma and aunts for weddings and babies.  It was really special to now do this with my mom, sisters, sister in laws and my daughter!

ranch11 005 ranch11 006
ranch11 007 ranch11 008

Jill is the quilt engineer.  She organizes everything and tells us what to do.  She won’t even let us cut our own thread..  PERFECTIONIST!  On Saturday we tied Mitchell, Chase and Hayden’s quilts. 

While we were tying Chase’s quilt we left to make our traditional “run to town”.  The quilt was less than 1/2 done when we left.  When we came back..  Jeff, Dad, Adam and Shea had finished it!  Not only were we grateful it was done but I thought it was very cool for Chase that they all helped.  Not many kids can say their grandpa, dad and uncles tied them a quilt!

ranch11 002 ranch11 003

As usual the men went to the Priesthood session.  This was Hunter’s first year to attend.  I love the power of the Priesthood and the example these men are.  Love all the white shirts!!!ranch11 004

As usual we ate a lot, laughed a lot and had a great time.  I love spending time with my family and feel truly blessed for the opportunities we have. 

ranch11 009

BUT… The most incredible thing that happened at the ranch is something that will make my life just a little bit brighter every day.  Makes me smile inside and out, makes me grateful to be part of an eternal family and feel such joy and excitement I can hardly contain myself.  As for what that is….  Call Kim!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hey!!! You cant leave us hanging like that! You should just tell me or tell Kim to blog about it:) I am glad you had such a fun weekend. That is pretty cool about the quilts I love that idea.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers