Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthdays, Weddings and Game Night

Today is my oldest brother Lance’s birthday.  I have posted on all my siblings birthdays (except Jill, Kim had to do it because my computer was down!!).  Lance is SOOOO funny, super caring and keeps me laughing all of the time.  I often get overwhelmed to think about how blessed I am to live within 10 miles of ALL of my siblings and my parents.  Here are a few “Lannie” highlights.

swingset 001
Lance helped put up my swing set, he shows up with the incident management truck AND wearing Dickies!  LOVE IT!
Winter 09 051

I love Saturday Ski Days!  Lance is an excellent skier and makes
me tired while the kids are in
lessons!
Christmas07 066
Every Christmas we give Lance a gag gift, these are his “jean sweats.” 
summer08 120
Sleeping with Baby Anders…
   

So all in all I am so lucky to have such a great big brother.  Best memories include the massive fights as children (that we can now laugh at), the massive laughter as adults, numerous vacations, ski trips, numerous "arguments” with Lance ALWAYS playing devils advocate, even to the point of ridiculousness!   And a few phrases that will only make my family laugh:

Old Fart’s Friend

Elbow pop in ear

Doggie Bites

Friendless Ick

Come get these kids

You know you are adopted

If I touch this button the car will blow up

10 echo 10

April Fools joke in Lake Town

There are so many more!  I love you Lance and am so lucky to have such a great example and friend!  Happy Birthday!

On Saturday we had a wedding shower for my cousins fiancée  Katie.  She is such a genuine, nice person (how did you do it Brent?).  Here are a few photos.  I absolutely love getting together with my extended family.  The top left photo is priceless to me.  That is my Grandma Gayle and her only living sibling Stella.  Her other sister died as a young mother.  I am so blessed to now live with the same ward with her daughter and her children.  So fun!!!

game10 004 game10 003
game10 009 game10 010

Finally,  in this super lengthy post I wanted to document out game night.  I am THE WORST at organized family night.  We have started making a point of having dinner together ever Monday Night and then doing something.  We had an impromptu game night.  We should have done a puzzle, played a board game, but not use.  We played a serious of games on iPods, iPhones and the computer!  Check out Jord’s Pjs.  I love that girl!  Jeff got WAY over involved in some game it was super funny!

game10 011 game10 013
game10 014
   

3 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Oh Lanie is all I have to say. Last night I was making fun of him that he was turning 40 next years and he said 40, 80 what is the difference.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

I love the Lanie Post!!! I laughed at every statement on there. I had forgotten 10 echo 10!!!

Stephanie and Jason said...

You do have an awesome family! And I do remember the april fools joke in Lake Town! If I remember right everyone got a kick out of that but him!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers