Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 in Review

I am just getting ready to publish my blog and wanted to end with a “Year in Review” post.    How blessed and fortunate we have been in the past year.  I am truly humbled at what a wonderful year I have had.  Here are a few of the highlights for every member of the family.

Jeff

Winter 09 056 

Jeff started skiing on a regular basis, took a cross country trip with Chase, ran in several races, took a trip with his old high school buddies, attended numerous band competitions, soft ball games, concerts and dance reviews.  Was an excellent father and truly wonderful to me.  On top of all that he sold “millions” (literally) of iPod/iphone cases, headphones and accessories.  He traveled a lot and touched me on a continual basis about the sacrifices he makes for his family.    He also made me laugh daily and made me the happiest person alive when we got engaged!

Jodi

cadesfarewell 006

I think all I did this year was gain 15 lbs (the loss of that another resolution).  I truly loved following all the kids and their band, soccer, softball, dance, piano, violin and fun!  I continued work as a mental health therapist and did my best to manage all of the kids (mother, how did you do it?).   I spent a weekend in St. George with my sisters, mom and sister in law.  Made numerous trips to Beaver Mountain and Bear Lake.  Went to the Jonas Brothers Concert with my fam and Ry and Jam. Took trips with Jeff to Texas, Island Park, Idaho Falls and to see Chase in Virginia.  I continued to be overwhelmed with the abundance in my life.

Chase

chase 015

With all of the wonderful things Chase did this year why would I put this photo in?  Because it is genuine Chase!  Chase made me laugh for one entire year!  He also graduated from Sky View and headed across the country to Virginia Tech to go to college.  He did great his first semester and survived the dorms.  Chase snow boarded every Saturday, made it across the pond skim and landed his first front flip on the wake board.  He also did so many back flips and jumped from so many rocks, high dives and ski hills that I can’t even count!

Taesha

july24-3009 053

Taesha continued to make me laugh, HARD!!  She continued in 2009 to play so many instruments I could not name them all in this blog.  T participated in Sky View Marching band and attended lots of competitions.  She played softball during the spring and the summer in the fall of 2009 she joined the debate team and has done incredible making the finals in her first ever competition.  T also began auto body class and took serious interest in air brush painting!

Taylor

crazyweek09 007

Taylor told me last January when she started skiing that “this is the year I am going to try everything new.”  That is just what she did.  She began skiing, played soccer, jumped off the high dive, played tennis, golf, attended nature camp, activity days, played the piano, continued with dance and violin and went rock climbing.  She also rode Wicked at Lagoon, began to love shopping, clothes and her iPod.  She began talking to fast I have no clue what she is saying.  Taylor has so many friends and is so social I can’t keep up with her.  Way to go Tay!  What an incredible year.  I truly watched her grow up into a young lady!

Mitchell

Christmas09 012

Mitchell grew up a lot this year.  He continued to make me laugh with his honesty and incredible sense of humor.  Mitchy also got glasses, started snow boarding and participated in scouts.  Mitchell also took tennis lessons and participated in nature camp, spent lots of time at Bear Lake and plenty of time watching Nascar.  Mitchy continued to love Samantha and be her “best friend ever.”  Mitchell continued to say what’s on his mind and always leaves us wondering what will come next!

Jordan

May2009 056

Jordan had a huge year!  She has her first dance recital and was hilarious!  Talk about leaving me in stitches.  Jordan also started Kindergarten, learned to read and continued to bring unspeakable joy to all of us.  She had numerous sleep overs with her cousins, went to see Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers and skied (not really!!).  Jordan continued to argue with Samantha, but got much better this year.  She played lots of Barbie's, took swimming lessons and went down the water slide all by herself!  Way to go Jord!

I have a good friend whose husband was put in as Bishop of our ward, she had 4 kids ages 9 and under.  She said to me “Where much is given, much is required.”  I love the scripture and that thought it seemed fitting to me.  Thus my 2010 New Year’s Resolutions (at least the ones I will share).  In 2010 I hope to cook more, hurry my children less, increase my patience and spend more time simply “enjoying” my family. 

Christmas09 053

2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

What a cute post. I loved being reminded about things that have happened in your family.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Wow you guys had a big year!!! I love Mitchy and his honesty. "Man why can't I have jet packs?" is probably my favorite!!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers