Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Kia!!

When our children have birthdays we always put a long post about them.  But we NEVER recognize ourselves.  So, this one is for Kim.  Today is her birthday and I have so many memories I don’t even know where to start.

I am not organized enough to scan in childhood pictures but what a great friend Kim was when we were little.  As good a friend as she was then she is even better now.  I am lucky enough that Kim lives about 3 blocks from me.  How fun!!  Here are some photos from the past few years!

Kim loves to play practical jokes.  Last Christmas she gave Lance these pants!  It was the funniest ever!  You can’t really see but they are sweats, made to look like acid wash 80s jeans!

Christmas07 066

 

Kim is SO funny.  I think that partially I believe that because we laugh (as does Jill) at all the same things.   See what I mean!

stgeorge09 005

Spring08 065

Kim is the family “planner.”  She organizes all the parties, takes orders for family dinner and keeps us all in line.  We jokingly call her “Val” because the was the Valedictorian (I can’t even spell that word) in College, then went on to get a Ph.D. in Special Education while raising 3 kids!  Can you say Super Woman?

 

Forsgreen 526

I can’t even began to explain what a help and support she is.  I borrow food from her at all hours of the day, can drop my kids off at a moments notice and always count on a great conversation.  

Kim's 020

I love that Kim lives so close because our kids get to spend time with each other at church (not always so great if you ask Jord and Sams primary teacher), school and home. 

 

Happy Birthday Kia and thank you!  Thank you for being a great sister, example and for loving my kids like they are your own.  I hope you have the best day ever!  You deserve it!!

3 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Oh my...I am having a cry fest!!! You are way too nice. I am the lucky one for living close to you and your girls. Thanks for watching my kids tonight!!! I love the picture of Jill in the chair..I hadn't seen it yet. It is the best ever!!!

jilljohnson said...

Ok first off Jodi thanks for making me look like the bad sister for not posting about Kim's b-day. Besides that I agree with everything you say she is a great sister and i love having her in the Valley.

Jen said...

Okay well I'm a bad cousin because I haven't even called Kim yet but of course I have a bazillion great memories of her as well. She was my surrogate sister, vacation buddy, and fellow commerical performer just to name a few! I even went to school with her a few times back in the good old days. Happy Birthday to Kim and thanks to all of you for being the best cousins ever!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers