Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day 2009

What a wonderful weekend.  We started the weekend in Island Park and saw so many beautiful things.  I had no camera as mine is under repair and Jeff’s was in the mail after being left at Chase’s dorm.  I had never been to Island Park before and absolutely fell in love with the place.

We came home Sunday night to be in Wellsville for the Founder’s Day Celebration.  This is one of my favorite days of the year.  We started by getting up at 6:00 to run.  This year there was a mile kids run which was really fun.  So all in all, Jeff, Taylor (I ran with Taylor), Kim, Shea, Reagan, Samantha (Hunter hurt his foot at the ranch so had to watch), Jill, Lance, Ryker, Hayden and Jer ran either the kids run, the 5K or the 10K.  Have I mentioned that I live in the best place ever?

Laborday2009 004 Laborday2009 003
Laborday2009 008 Laborday2009 012
Laborday2009 015 Laborday2009 016 Laborday2009 017
We had a fun time.  Jeff, Jill,
Reagan and Taylor all ran
personal best times!  

Next was off to the parade and Sham Battle.  Most of the kids were involved in the Parade in one way or another.  So fun!! Wellsville is so unique.  If you have never been to the Sham Battle on Founders Day you need to join us!  Here are a few photos to illustrate!  It essentially re-enacts a battle between Cowboys and Indians for land and at the end the Calvary races in to save the day! 

Laborday2009 026 Laborday2009 033
Laborday2009 044 Laborday2009 040

After that we all went up to Kim and Shea’s for a BBQ.  What a great day!  Thanks everyone!

Laborday2009 051 Laborday2009 039 Laborday2009 050
   

3 comments:

jilljohnson said...

It was a great day. I am going to have to take some of your pictures off your blog I did not have my camera at the race.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Such a fun day!!

jilljohnson said...

The other picture you were bending over so I have to say you should tank me for putting the one where Jen is bending over not you.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers