Sunday, October 11, 2009

UEA and Pocatello!

My internet was down for about a week so now I have to catch up!  As usual we have been doing a lot of fun things!  For UEA we took the kids to Fossil Butte  National Park.  I loved it.  Taylor is studying fossils in the 4th grade and was excited to go.  After that we headed to the ranch for conference.

UEA&BAND 038 UEA&BAND 035
UEA&BAND 040
Anders made the entire mile and a half hike.  Don’t I have the cutest children in the world?
UEA&BAND 044

UEA&BAND 041

Ryker is such a good sport.  He is the oldest cousin by a long shot and always such a good example.  It was SO fun to have him with us!!  After Fossil Butte we headed to the ranch.  Check out what we drove through.  Jill and I thought it was the funniest thing ever!!

UEA&BAND 050

The kids love the ranch.  They love riding horses and being outside.  Here are some of my favorite photos!

Just below Jordan and Grandpa, Jordan LOVED the horses.  Ryker holding the gate open.

UEA&BAND 006
UEA&BAND 052
Mitchell and Grandpa going to check on the cows.  Upper right, Hayden and Mitchell.  Left, Taesha and Jord on the horses.
UEA&BAND 051 UEA&BAND 017 UEA&BAND 053
UEA&BAND 001 UEA&BAND 018

Lance and Jeff could not wait to eat after Priesthood.  Neither would sit down!  Sick!  View from upper level watching conference at the ranch.  How blessed are we??

Jordan had her first “oral report” in Kindergarten.  It was career day and she opted to be a cowgirl based off her “work at the ranch.”   Thanks Grandpa for helping her.  Here she is with her poster before school.  I can’t believe how old she is.

UEA&BAND 022

The following weekend Taesha had a band competition in Pocatello.  I love the band events.  We went to Idaho Falls to spend some with with Jeff’s family first.  We had a blast. 

Here are the photos from the band competition. 

UEA&BAND 027 UEA&BAND 030
UEA&BAND 031 UEA&BAND 028

Lance and Ryker were there because Lance pulled the MC trailer to the competition.  It was fun to hang with them.  Just like the old band days.

UEA&BAND 029

I love band!  Good kids with incredible talent!  Thanks T for being such a fun, meaningful part of my life.  One the way home another highschool had a bus that rolled and caused a fatality.  As Jeff and I watched and heard about the details I realized:  Love you kids, savor every moment.  They are only ours for a few years.  We are so blessed to be in a circumstance to provide our kids with opportunities and to be able to support them. 

2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

The sheep pic is great. UEA was a blast. Looks like a good time at the band comp. I am really going to try to make it to the one at USU.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

I love band too. How fun for Tash!!! Tell her I love the uniform.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers