Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chaser turns 21!

Christmas10 090

From the time I met Jeff and started to spend a lot of time with his kids I have considered them “my own.”  However, in the last year when I tell people I have a 20 year old NO ONE ever says “you don’t look old enough for that.”  Until…  last Tuesday.  I was at a conference and began talking to the lady sitting next to me.  When we talked about our kids I told her I had 5 and my oldest was almost 21 and she said “There is no way you are that old.”  THANK YOU!!  It only took over 4 years for someone to make that comment! 

I do however feel a little older than my age when I think about the fact that I have a 21 year old.  Chase turned 21 yesterday!  We were not able to see him but we talked to him several times, exchanged text messages, sent packages and Taylor and Jordan left a message with a terrible rendition of the “Happy Birthday Song.” 

I apologize in advance for the lack of photos.  Jeff has all the “Chase” photos on his computer.  I do intend to down load his front flip on the wake board!

Chase is truly an incredible person and someone who I love to be around.  In the past year he started his 3rd year at Virginia Tech majoring in Mechanical Engineering.  He works very hard and his course work is tough.  Just hearing some of the names of his courses makes me shudder. 

Chase spent the past year primarily being a student.  But he also found time for wake boarding, snow boarding, dirt bike rides and countless hours of helping me.  Seriously.  Jeff was out of town some during the summer right when we moved and Chase was literally my moving buddy.  He worked all day every day for a good 3 weeks.  What a blessing!

Chaser spent his Spring Break in Utah so he could see Jeff and I get married.  He and Mitchy walked me down the aisle and it was precious. 

wedding 036

Thank you to Chase who makes me (all of us) laugh SO hard, keeps me smiling, is so grateful for everything, works hard and most of all is his incredible self.  I can’t wait for Thanksgiving to see Chase…  And then Christmas.  Then the 6 months I dread with no planned visit.  I already told Jeff I am going to Blacksburg this spring with or without him… I suspect he will come along.

Happy Birthday Chase!  I love you beyond words, am proud of you and miss you terribly! 

summer11 151

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers