Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Catching up…

I am not sure what my problem is as of late.  I have more free time than I have ever had in my adult life and I am just not keeping up on the blog.  I suppose my new found love for a short afternoon nap has got in the way! GEEZZZ!! 

As usual as have had lots going on and can’t seem to stay home for the weekend.  Three weeks ago Jeff had a work event in Middway, UT.  I had planned to join him for one night on the weekend but Kim soon convinced me to go with him the entire time.  So, I did! 

We had a great time..  Stayed at a great place (whose name I have now forgot) and had a lot of fun!  Jeff had a golf tournament on Friday so I went for what was supposed to be a 10 mile run..  I pooped out after 9.  Running hills is Park City is not easy.  After that we went shopping, dinner and relaxed.  On Saturday went for a hike, shopped some more and came home.  Super fun and super relaxing!

Kinnick11 003 Kinnick11 001
Kinnick11 002  

The next weekend we hit the Ranch for conference.  I always love the Ranch but I especially love it in the fall!  The kids rode horses forever.  I think Jord could have rode all day!

Kinnick11 009   Kinnick11 007
Kinnick11 006 Kinnick11 010

My Dad lost his spur and since Jill is the only one of us with the slightest idea how to manage a spur she got the job…

Kinnick11 011

Taylor learned to drive the Rhino which brought great delight to my heart because she and Hunter entertained the kids for HOURS going up and doing the road and riding through the fields.  Taylor and Hunter took their job very seriously and it was hilarious!

Kinnick11 012

Jordan and Samantha spent hours fishing.  Here they are playing with what I am pretty sure if the fish Andrew caught!

Kinnick11 013

To end the trip Grandpa asked Hunter and Taylor to herd the horses back to their pasture.  Well, Hunter has spent the last two summer at the ranch working with Grandpa and Taylor has not.  Therefore,  Taylor was of little to no help.. but watching was pretty darn funny!

Kinnick11 014

Last weekend Jeff and I actually stayed home… sort of.  Mitchell was here so did lots of fun kids things.  We did decided to pick up a 5k race here in town.  Lance and Hayden also came.  I ran right on Hayden’s heels the entire time but he did beat me:")  Lance and Jeff both ran very fast… OF COURSE.  And me.. I continue to do my usual!!  SLOW BUT SURE!

Kinnick11 016

Kinnick11 015

Jeff and I have been training for a 1/2 marathon that we run this Saturday.  The training has been quite the experience and I can think of many four letter words to describe it but overall it was been positive. 

Jeff is so motivating for me and always makes sure I have time to do the running I need to do. I am excited for next week to tackle a chore that 6 months ago I would have never dreamt I could do.  We’ll see how it goes….

1 comment:

jilljohnson said...

You are going to be amazing on Saturday! You have totally prepared yourself! I am so proud of you!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers