Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer of Blessings

I have been a serious blog slacker! I have not posted since June and I should be ashamed of myself.  I have a million reasons why but as I tell my kids… those are just excuses.  So, before school starts and we hit he birthday season at our house I felt like I better catch up. 

We had a lot of change this summer.  The Morgan/Forsgren family all lived under the same roof which was incredible.  We bought a new house in Wellsville and feel so grateful to stay in such a great community.  But even better is that we live right across the stress from the Watrins.  I am just now realizing that I have no pictures of the new house.  I will update soon.

It was bittersweet leaving our old house of 10 years.  It was really the only home I have lived in as an adult.  Taylor moved there when she was 2 and Jord has lived their her entire life.  It was our little shelter and safety.  We were blessed to live there and truly loved our time.

summer11 038

My girls got to have their first and only sleep over with friends.  My good friend was going out of town for an extended period of time so we were able to keep her girls.  We got glitter toes, ordered pizza, went swimming and had a great time.  Bless my sweet Mitchell’s heart for putting up with 4 girls chasing him for 3 days.

summer11 042

Jeff and I were able to spend a week in Cabo San Lucas with a few of my favorite adults in the world.  We ate well, rested well and laughed hard.  We went on a zip line, body surfed a Lover’s Beach and drove “sierra buggies”  We stayed at an all inclusive resort and despite my exercising hard.. And I mean like try to keep up with Lance, Shea and Jeff hard I still gained 4 lbs.  OH WELL!!

summer11 045 summer11 056
summer11 074 summer11 136

summer11 058 summer11 083
summer11 103 summer11 115

Boot Camp and Yoga on the ocean!  Seriously the best ever!

summer11 121

Thanks to my family for a wonderful memory filled week.  May Jose Cruz never die!!

summer11 145

Between moving and vacation Jeff and Chase managed to get away for a day on the bikes.  Jeff LOVES to ride with Chase.  We were lucky enough to have Chaser here for about 6 weeks.  He seriously moved and unpacked nearly our entire house.  I am SO blessed to have spent the summer with him.  He left last Sunday and I already miss the late night chats around the kitchen table.

summer11 150 summer11 149
   

We also made it to Bear Lake several times this summer.  We made our usual Raspberry Days trip but it was not “normal”  The stomach flu had hit our family and Jill was passing a kidney stone.  Anyway..  we had a skeltal crew to say the least.  However, we still managed to be in the parade, run the 5K, down several shakes at 9 at night and spend a day on the water.  And yes… at 36 I can still get up on one ski.. to my surprise.

summer11 155 summer11 157
summer11 159  

Yes!  That really is Haydan hanging from the back of the tow truck!  Mitchell rode in front and pulled the horn about 9 million times.  He loved it!!

summer11 163

summer11 160

Not sure what was up with my camera but  Shea, Lance, Hunter, Jeff and I ran the 5k.  Yes.. Lance rode down to the race on the hood of Kim’s minivan.  Only in Laketown!!

We were so lucky to have Mitchy here for a good part of the summer.  The kids took tennis, golf and swimming lessons.  They loved it!!

summer11 170

We still have one more summer event and that is our annual Lagoon trip.. then back to reality!!

We have had an incredible summer and our first together as a family.  I am a blessed woman and the summer has brought miracles into our lives daily!  I love my kids, love my husband and love my life.  Taylor went to back to school night tonight and is off to middle school.  Chase is starting his junior year at Virginia Tech.  Taesha is starting at Utah State in a few weeks.  Mitchy is in 5th grade and Jordan is in 2nd.  Time flies and that makes my heart ache.  I am grateful for kids who work hard and love one another (most of the time).  Grateful for a husband who supports us and puts up with my intensity.  Grateful to have been blessed the way I have.  I don’t  understand why our Heavenly Father has allowed me such favorable circumstances but I do know where much is given much is expected.  I know that out of humility great things happen and am so excited to see what the future brings for our little family!

2 comments:

momofsomja said...

So sweet! LOVE hearing your loving tributes to your husband(and your kids and Heavenly Father!) And you give give give all the time! Love you Jodi!

jilljohnson said...

Love the update. I know why you are so blessed because you bless so many others. I know that I am blessed each and ever day to have you as my sister!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers