Friday, March 18, 2011

Bahamas

For our Honeymoon Jeff took me to the Bahamas.  He knows how much I love the sun, the sand and the water.  He would never say this but this was a big sacrifice for him.  Jeff and the sun have never been truly compatible.  But, he is such a good sport.  We just made sure he kept the sunscreen on… Always!

We flew into Nassau and then taxied over to Paradise Island.  Paradise Island is tiny.  It is only about 3/4 mile wide and 3 miles long.  It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.  We stayed at an all inclusive resort and loved it.  The food was incredible and the beach was too.

Here is a photo from our room:

Bahamas11 001

Some of the food we ate..

Bahamas11 007

We basically ate about 5 meals a day.  Oh.. and unlimited Diet Coke.  Heaven!

We spent most of our time on Paradise Island.  We spent 3 days shopping and at the beach and our hotel.   Here is a picture of the public beach:

Bahamas11 006

Can you even believe that?  It truly was breath taking.  The weather was about 80 degrees and perfect!!  When we would go shopping we had to take a “ferry” over to Nassau.  The guys on the “ferry” always gave info about the islands.  In exchange for a large tip.  This guy was our favorite.  Every time he talked he held his hand up to his mouth like a microphone.  Every time!!

Bahamas11 100

One day we took a catamaran out of Rose Island.  This was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.  We snorkeled there..  Well, Jeff snorkeled there.  I ventured out for about 15 minutes and had my fill.

Bahamas11 062 Bahamas11 074
Bahamas11 071 Bahamas11 068

 

If you look at the top right photo over Jeff’s shoulders there are some trees in the back ground.  That is Gilligan’s island.  We could actually see it a lot better than in that photo.  Here is one of my favorite photos we took at Rose Island:

Bahamas11 060

Bahamas11 064

We also took a boat to a small island called Bleu Lagoon.  This was a beautiful little “lagoon” with hammocks, a beautiful beach as well as dolphin encounters.  It was gorgeous!

Bahamas11 091 Bahamas11 090
Bahamas11 088 Bahamas11 093

 

We spent a day on the Atlantis slides.  This was incredible.  Here is a photo of Jeff on the famous slide you see on TV.  It goes underneath a shark tank.  The slide is clear so you can see the sharks at the bottom.  I, however was so scared my eyes were closed the entire time.  We made a point to do every slide at least once.  It was an incredible day!

Bahamas11 032

Bahamas11 015 Bahamas11 042
Bahamas11 016  

This is pretty much what I did for a week.  Before we left I downloaded 4 books onto my kindle.  I read every one and had to download another one at the airport to make it home.  It was SO relaxing!  Jeff was a trooper and exercised nearly every day… I mostly just did.. well what you see above!

Here are just a few more random photos of things we saw.  We saw Oprah’s house, Tiger Woods house and lots of other beautiful homes.  Oprah’s home is on the right. 

Bahamas11 054 Bahamas11 055
   

We spent a lot of time walking around the island.  We went to a comedy club, a movie and Ben and Jerry’s… more than once!

Bahamas11 008

Overall, it was an incredible week.  I am so grateful for the opportunities we had.  I spent the whole week being excited that Jeff was the man I got to spend forever with.  I am one lucky girl!

It was funny.. we so looked forward to some time away from the kids and the whole time we talked about how we can’t wait to take them to the Bahamas.   Special thanks to my Mom and Kim who daily took care of my girls and Jill who helped lots too.  I didn’t worry for one second about them.

We don’t have our photos from the Wedding back but when we do I will post some.  We spent the entire week talking about what a wonderful day it was.  Thank you to my Mom and Dad who made it all happen!! 

6 comments:

Lyndee said...

Oh Jodi, I'm so excited that your day finally came! I can't wait to see pics from the wedding. Your honeymoon looked wonderful! So glad you found Jeff and what a great guy he is!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

I love everything about the Bahamas. It would be fun to take the kids sometime. Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Angie said...

Looks like such a great trip! Beautiful place hard to come home to cold weather.

jilljohnson said...

It looks awesome, I love the man on the bost and his fake mic.

Amy Parker said...

What an amazing place!! I am so very happy for you guys. Like you wrote that you are one lucky girl to have Jeff, remember he is one lucky man to have you, you are amazing and wonderful and such a good example to us all. I guess your just one lucky couple.

Angie Alm said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bahamas! Glad you LOVED it too :)

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers