Sunday, January 23, 2011

2010 in Review..

2010 was an incredible year!  It’s hard to put into one post the highlights but here goes…

Morgan/Forsgren family:

1.  Took our first big vacation.  We had an incredible 7 day cruise to the Mexican Rivera and loved it.

2.  We gained an two extra cousins in Maelee and Kyson and can’t imagine life without them.

3.  We spent another summer making trips to Bear Lake and continued to make precious memories.

4.  We spent another winter making trips to Beaver Mountain and the kids are beginning to love the mountain as much as I do.

5.  We went on a trip to Moab and saw some truly breath taking sights.

6.  We spent every Sunday eating at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.

7.  We kept up the tradition with Jeff’s family and spent a weekend in Lava Hot Springs.

8.  We traveled to St. George with Taesha and the Sky View Band.

9.  We had our first “family” photo taken.

10.  We spent a few days in Island Park and Yellowstone.

11.  Attended Jeff’s 25 year class reunion.

12.  We spent countless hours laughing and learning to love one another.

Jordan:

Morgan 040

Jordan started first grade!  She has loved school and has a teacher that makes my heart sing!  Jord continues with attitude and makes us laugh all the time.  She and Samantha are still the “babies.”  Jord also got her ears pierced, reads like a champion, played soccer (if you dare call it that) and continues to give the best loves a mom could ask for!  Jord is a light in our lives and a spark in our family.

Mitchy:

Morgan 058

Now, Mitchy will be mad when he reads this because he prefers I call him Mitchell.  He truly is growing up.  This is the year I fell in love with Mitch.  I have always loved him but this is year I have embraced him!  Mitchell is in 4th grade and loves school.  He has a sense of humor that won’t stop!  Mitchell quotes in 2011:  “that is comedy gold.”  “Five bucks or I am walking”  “Deck 9, Lido Deck”  “I need a cup of Joe” and while holding balloons and jumping saying..  “Man, they still don’t make me fly.”  Mitchy also took golf lessons, kept snowboarding, took tennis lessons and grew a lot.  Mitchell is a joy and I am so blessed to be in his life!

Taylor:

Morgan 073

In 2010 Taylor grew up!  That’s it, she just grew up!  Taylor became a young lady and I am so proud of who she is turning out to be.  This past year Taylor made an honors orchestra and is getting very good at the violin.  She continues to play the piano, played soccer, took golf and tennis lessons and learned to ski like a champion.  Taylor is also in her student body leadership group and truly stands up for what is right.  In 2010 Taylor probably wrote me 100 notes telling me what a good mom I am and how much she loves me.  Taylor also began a love affair with her cousin Maelee..  they truly have a unique relationship.  Taylor also began to “hang out” with friends and not “play” with them.  She fell in love with her ipod.  Taylor is such an incredible girl and I feel humbled to be her mother!!

Taesha:

Morgan 088

In 2010  Taesha did about 9 million things!!  She continued to play the guitar and play in a band.  She finished her last season with Sky View Marching Band where they took 5th place at BOA.  She played Sky View Lacrosse and continued to make us laugh!  Taesha started her senior year of high school and has lots of friends!!  Taesha is so energetic and truly adds something unique to our family.

Chase:

Morgan 008

Chase makes my heart tender.  He lives SO far away and I miss him so much!  in 2010  Chase started his 2nd year at Virginia Tech.  He entered the engineering program and his courses are so difficult that I get overwhelmed just looking at the calculator he uses.  He continued to get so grateful and fun.  He got his first concussion..  or maybe second.  He continued to snowboard and wake board and just be an absolute blast to be with.  Chase is so fun and I am SO lucky to play a role in his life!! 

Jodi & Jeff:

Morgan 034

Jodi:  I continued to love being a mom to all of my children and taking care of Jeff.  I continued to work and truly do love my work.  I found a new love for cooking and canning.  I found a new love for the Book of Mormon and have read it 2x this year.  However, the best thing that happened this year was that Jeff and I were able to finalize a wedding date:  March 5th hooray!!

Jeff:  In 2010 Jeff was great beyond words.  He is so good and supportive to me and all 5 of the kids.  Jeff continued to make me laugh and found a new taste in cloths:  one piece swimsuit, baseball pants!  Jeff had his 25th class reunion and I was reminded by everyone what a great athlete he is.  He managed some huge accounts at work and continues to make me feel so blessed, humbled and loved!!

Overall, we were blessed as a family.  The next year will bring on many interesting and fun challenges and I look forward to the happiness and trials ahead of us!  I recently read an article written by  a 29 year old single female Atheist.  She wrote about her love affair with reading “Mormon moms blogs.”  In her article she wrote how astounded she was at how Mormon women use terms like blessed, humbled and grateful.  She was astounded at the simplicity in which they were pleased.  She stated there were few who wrote about late night dinner parties or exotic vacation but mostly just “had a love affair with their families.”  She is right.  I am blessed to be a member of the church and have such an incredible family.  I am blessed to be a witness of our Heavenly Father and be entrusted with the care of his children!!

4 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Very sweet posts!!! What a great year. Just make sure next year you still live in Wellsville and all will be great again!!

Stephanie and Jason said...

Your family is so cute! It sounds like you have had an amazing year! I congrats on the wedding date, that is very exciting!

WKPickett said...

Jodi,
I love reading your blog. It really is wonderful to see what a wonderful family you have. I know I don't see or talk to you much but just wanted you to know I love you and I am grateful and proud to be your aunt. Congratulations on the wedding date. I've been wondering when it was going to happen. I am so happy for you.
Love, Karen

Katie Stacey said...

Your family pictures are so cute. What a beautiful family!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers