Sunday, September 12, 2010

What Was I Thinking???

What a wonderful, fun, relaxing weekend.  For the first time in a while I spent the weekend, relaxing, eating, shopping and laughing.  I have never been great at maintaining old friendships.  However, about 6 months ago one of my good friends from High School and I started walking in the mornings.  I have LOVED it!  The talking is more therapeutic than the exercise.  As school started we were craving a break so we spent Friday and Saturday in Salt Lake having a blast.  I knew I was in trouble when my friend showed up with her clothes packed in her Mountain Crest Band bag.  I nearly wet my pants.   I came home rejuvenated… Maybe too much so!!!

Jordan had been working to earn a hermit crab.  For two weeks she could not tell her 1st grade teacher that her “stomach hurt.”  This was a common occurrence the first few days of school and I received several phone calls!!  Well, Jord did it.  So at 8:00 on Saturday night we hauled into Petsmart and Jordan became the proud owner of a hermit crab.

crab

Take note of Jordan’s mouth.  She always has it like that when she is excited!  I hope that never fades!

That was not the What Was I Thinking Part… 

While we were at Petsmart shopping this white and orange cat caught my eye.  I know, I sound like the crazy cat lady!!  I have never been drawn to an animal before but I loved this cat.   When I showed the cat to Taylor she got a little teary eyed.  She told me that cat reminded her of her Grandma Alice’s (who passed away several years ago) favorite cat.  Taylor had been saving her money for a hamster but promptly decided she would use it for this cat! Anyway, about 12 hours later we ended up bringing the cat home.  CHEEZY!!!  I KNOW!!  I hesitated to even blog it but want my girls to remember the story!  I swore I would never have another cat!!

So, here is the latest addition to our family.. Skylar

cat

For not being “an animal person” I am now the proud owner of 2 cats, a bunny and a hermit crab!  And that brings me to…  What Was I Thinking??

5 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

I'm glad you and Jodi had fun. I am laughing about the band bag!!! What a girl:) The cat is cute. I'll have to come see the hermit crab another day too.

Tenaya Garrett said...

HI!!! Tenaya here. Just came across your blog. I hope you dont mind if I follow. see you later this afternoon.

jilljohnson said...

I love Jodi I can not believe she brought a band bag! I am glad you had a good weekend. We will have to come out and see your new additions to your family.

Mandy said...

I'm going to start calling you the crazy cat lady....:)

Gibbs Family said...

I love that old band bag! I thought a blast from the past would be fun!! Jodi (I just love that name!) and I have not done anything fun like that with each other for the past 15 years. It was so fun to look back. I had such a great time shopping, we won't mention how much we spend on hair accessories for our girls!! It was great to just get away, I can't wait to do it again!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers