Monday, July 19, 2010

Home again!

Day seven was travel day.  We were headed home.  Typically when I am away from home for a long period of time I am ready to come home, not so this time!  I could have stayed much longer!!!  Those of you who have been on a cruise know that getting off the boat is a process.  The kids were super patient and it went well.

cruise2010 332 cruise2010 333
cruise2010 092 cruise2010 094

So we said goodbye to 7 days of being waited on, fed and cleaned up after and came home to laundry, no food in the fridge and the lawn needing mowed!  We also came home to my new niece who I was dying to hold, grandparents my kids were dying to see, my “other” kids (the Watrins) whom I had not seen for FAR too long and a neighborhood and community that I love.  I feel so blessed to have been able to travel and so blessed to come home to such favorable circumstances.  The vacations we take in life we will never forget…  But day to day life is what sustains us.  I am grateful to Jeff for working so hard and being such an excellent provider.  I was reminded of how grateful for that I was on vacation but I am even more aware of that on a daily basis!  I am blessed to be able to serve and take care of 5 beautiful children and loved every minute of a week uninterrupted with them.

2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

We were glad to get you home safe, but at the same time glad that you had a wonderful trip!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

NO your vacation posts can't be over...I have been living vicariously through them. What wonderful memories!!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers