Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend.  We started on Thanksgiving by having the best dinner ever at my moms.  Her Brothers and Sisters were there and it was fun to see my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.

thanksgiving2009 001 thanksgiving2009 002
thanksgiving2009 003  

We deviated from the norm this year.   I usually shop “Black Friday” with my sisters.  But this year we decided to go skiing because Jord and Taylor were with their dad and Mitch and Taesha were visiting their moms.  I certainly missed getting out of bed at 4:00 a.m. to shop with my sisters but we had a great time.  We went to a Jazz game on Thanksgiving night, it was a blast!

 thanksgiving2009 005thanksgiving2009 012 thanksgiving2009 006 thanksgiving2009 008
   

We sat about 7 rows behind the Jazz bench. Jeff and Chase teased me all night because they said I kept staring at Kyle Korver.  Who can blame a girl!!!  The next day we got up and went skiing.  I love skiing and it has turned into something our entire family can do together.  Chase is an excellent snow boarder and so fun to watch! I will miss him on Saturdays this winter!  I am already excited for Beaver Mtn this winter.   There were several occasions last winter when I looked around skiing and was surrounded by ALL my kids, Jeff, my siblings, my parents and all my nieces and nephews and felt the strongest feelings of gratitude. 

thanksgiving2009 013 thanksgiving2009 014
thanksgiving2009 015 thanksgiving2009 017

What an incredible time.  I always tease Jeff because he “stretches” before skiing.  What a goof ball!!  We were also able to meet up with several of Jeff’s friends this weekend.  We went to ANOTHER Jazz game with this friends.  I felt a little guilty, but should just soak if up!  Jeff has really fun friends and I love spending time with them.  Many of them live away so it was a treat to see them!

When we got home we picked up the girls and headed over to my moms house.  I love having Sunday dinner there and this Sunday the kids were being “very good”  Which can sometimes be scary.  I decided to go down and see what they were up too and they had created a “museum” with items from all of our childhood that my mom had stored away!  SO CUTE!!

thanksgiving2009 023 thanksgiving2009 021

thanksgiving2009 020  

Last but not least, Taesha is starting an auto body class at Bridgerland and she brought her cover alls over for Jill to measure for they could get hemmed.  She is smart enough to know I am rotten at that type of thing.  She is very talented and I am so excited for her!!  I love these pictures!

thanksgiving2009 019 thanksgiving2009 018

4 comments:

Kami and Kelly said...

it sounds like you had a very fun week. it is always nice to see people you love together in one place.

Shera said...

Sounds fun!! We were at the Jazz game too. It was a good game.

jilljohnson said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. "T" is such a goof. Our family is really great we are so blessed.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Looks fun. I loved the museum!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers