Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend!!

I love Halloween.  I love trick-or-treating, class parties and school carnivals.  This weekend we had some of everything!  We also had a band competition to top everything off.  But prior to all that we had the ward trunk or treat.  I only got a few photos but what a great night!  Thanks to Jeff, Kim and Shea for all the help!

Halloween09 003 Halloween09 004
Halloween09 001 Jord and Reg were twins! I did
not know that
one of Jordan’s
best  little friends had the same outfit!  Super fun!

I could not get enough of
Taylor this year.  SO FUNNY!!
She played the
“old man” to the tee!

I am the “head room mom” in Jordan’s class.  Jord’s Halloween party was super fun and she has a darling class.  Jord’s good friend (Kim’s neighbor) is a famous artist and he came and painted the kids faces.  What a treat.  We also made “swamp juice”, pumpkin books and ate donuts.  I love Kindergarten!! Mitchy was here for Halloween and so he helped me out.  What a great helper.

 Halloween09 015 Halloween09 014 Halloween09 008 Halloween09 007Halloween09 010
Halloween09 016
I was able to make it to the
end of Taylor’s party.  She could not wear her mask but the old man wig was pretty funny!

 

Friday night the school had a carnival.  The kids had such a fun time.  We took Little A with us so Jill and Adam could work on the house.

Halloween09 018 Halloween09 020 Halloween09 019
   

On Saturday we painted pumpkins, we to a band competition and to visit Grandma Pickett.  It was Taesha’s final band competition of the season and my mom, dad and Kim came to support her.  The weather as great and it was really fun!  Way to go T!  Kim just could not believe T could be so serious.  She kept waiting for her to break out in dance on the field!  I love band and love watching and supporting the band.  What a blessing in my life! 

Halloween09 023 Halloween09 021 Halloween09 025 Halloween09 022
Halloween09 032 Halloween09 034

Again, Taylor is so funny!  The people at the assisted living center where Grandma Pickett lives kept saying “she looks like old Charlie.”  It was so funny!!  Check out Mitchy at the band competition.  Already pooped!

Halloween09 026

Finally, trick or treating and a trip to grandmas house for Spaghetti.  This is a tradition that started when I was a child.  We would always go to Grandma Pickett’s house after trick or treating for a spaghetti dinner.  I love being part of a tradition rich family!  Halloween is the best!  We had a great night!

Halloween09 036
Halloween09 042 Halloween09 040
Halloween09 037 Halloween09 039
   

Life with Jordan is never dull!  Right when we got home she asked if I thought Mrs. LaMont (her K teacher) would think it was funny if she came to school like this!

Halloween09 045

Now that Halloween is over it’s on to Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving.  However, when I went into the store today Christmas decor was up in full force!  Oh my, I am feeling the pressure already!!!

3 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Halloween was fun this year. Its nice now that the kids are getting older. Is it just me or do I look like a cross between Dad and Glenda in that picture at the band competion. Sad!!

Jen said...

Cute pics. I'm glad we got to see you guys. What pressure? I thought you were almost done already!

jilljohnson said...

I love all the cute pictures of the kids. Kim- I think that you look a little like dady but it is not a bad thing.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers