Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Starts!

Along with everyone else, I can’t go without posting about the first day of school.  We went to back to school night last night and Taylor started school today as a 4th grader.  Jord starts K next Wednesday.  I can hardly believe it!   Where does time go?  Days like today make me realize how precious little time we have with our kids.  It seems they reach one milestone after another.

Tay wanted to get on the bus with Hunter and  Reagan.   We live near so many wonderful kids. 

After school all of the kids get off the bus and go to the “Snack Shack"  I had to work but Tay and Jord both went with friends.  One of my friends sets up a huge shacks stand in her yard every year on the first day of school.  The kids all get off the bus and grab a snack!  They look forward to it every year!

school09 001school09 003  school09 002school09 006 
school09 004 school09 005
   

I know this photo is huge!  Thank you Kim and yes, I stole it right from your blog!!  My primary reason for blogging is to keep a history for my family.  This photo has made me cry all day.  Look at Hunter, Reag and Taylor.  Just for a moment they all needed each other.  Kim noticed this at the bus stop and pointed it out.  They all have a hold of each other.  Totally sweet!  What a wonderful thing to have my kids interact with their cousins in so many settings!  I am so blessed to live 2 blocks from Kim, Shea and their kids.

IMGP1086

3 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

It is awesome how good of people we live bye!!! I couldn't feel happier than to put my kids on the bus with the people they left with today!!!

jilljohnson said...

Once again that picture made me cry. I agree it is crazy how fast they grow up. I still can remember the night both of your girls were born.

Jen said...

Cute pics. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels a little emotional about the first day of school. Thanks for the invite...we had fun tonight.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers