Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jordi!

Yesterday was Jordan’s fifth birthday.  I could not post on that day because my computer had a virus and was in the “shop.” So, as usual I am just a little late.  I also lost my camera for a few days.  I found it tonight in a desperate search so I did not miss Jord going to Kindergarten tomorrow (it was between the fridge and the cupboards, how do such things happen?).  Needless to say I missed photos of a great birthday party with all of her cousins and family (we missed Chase).

What can one say about Jord.  She is an absolute joy and always true to herself.  She has always been an absolute blessing in my life and kept me laughing.  She was born about 3 weeks before Samantha and to this day we refer to them as “the babies.”  Kim and I have vowed to quit now that Jord is going into Kindergarten.  Jord has a unique personality and is known to everyone as a source of joy and laughter.  What else can I say?  You can’t put words to such a personality as Jords. 

Thank you to everyone reading this who has played a role in Jordan’s life.  It really does take a village! 

fathersday09 022 May2009 103 crazyweek09 008
Jord loves dancing, swimming, American girl dolls singing, barbies, sand, her family, her grandma and grandpa  and her cousins!!
May2009 060 crazyweek09 016
july409 029 july409 043 july409 039
Jord hates rules, being told no, being in pictures, waking up in the morning and getting her hair combed and skiing!

Jord has a very special relationship with her Grandpa Elden.  She will commonly snub Jeff, Kim, Grandma and mostly me but NEVER Grandpa Elden.  Here is my favorite pic of the two of them.

summer08 098

I love you Jord and thank you for being so special to everyone!!

Other big news in our family: Chase started school on Monday.  Freshman at Virginia Tech have to live in the dorms.  His room is complete with a “loft". Which essentially means his bed in the elevated so a desk can fit underneath.  I got this photo over email and wanted to share.  Jeff and I are going to see him at the end of October and I can’t wait!  Chase is on the right!

3 comments:

jilljohnson said...

We love you Jord. Happy Birthday!!! We had a great time at your b-day party. It looks like Chace is doing well.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

I can't believe one of the babies is five and off to Kindergarten today!! I had a tear in my eye when I was with her yesterday just thinking about it!! She is too grown up. I took her for a back to school lunch yesterday (MCDonalds..could they not choose somewhere else?) anyway she informed me that now that she is five she likes a cheeseburger with two pieces of hamburger not chicken nuggets!!! Samantha quickly defended herself that nuggets are still okay with her because they are one of Mcdonalds most popular items!!!

Jen said...

Thanks for inviting us to the party. That is a great pic with your dad. Hope she had fun at school. Luke's biggest complaint has been that is is "too long."

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers