Monday, August 10, 2009

Chase goes to college!

I wanted to dedicate at least one post to Chase.  For those of you who don’t know Chase is Jeff’s oldest son.  He just graduated from Sky View and is headed off to Virginia Tech.  Chase came to live with Jeff about 18 months ago and I am SO glad he did.  He is so fun and has truly been a blessing in my life.  I found myself driving to work today crying randomly (and now again as I write this).  Chaser (as I call him) has become a great friend of mine and such a positive person for my girls to know.  As we speak he and Jeff are hauling across country in Chase’s car headed to school.  I asked Jeff to take photos so I can document the trip.  Here are some photos of  the highlights of the last year!

 

Thank you Chase for making everything so fun.  My favorite memories include Las Vegas on Chase’s 18th birthday!  Our trip to Price, Utah where I could have sworn we were in the twilight zone.  Spending time in Lava Hot Springs as of course our Saturday ski trips!  Love you Chase!  Have the best time ever!!

Christmas 08!  Chase and T got new jackets!

Christmas07 062

I love this photo.  Chase is in the black and grey coat. 

I loved spending every Saturday with him.  He is an excellent snowboarder.   Taylor and Mitchell felt so cool to be related to someone who could do such “wicked tricks.”

Winter 09 089

summer08 063 summer08 072 Left:  Chase and Tay fishing at the ranch.
Above:  Chase at our hotel in Lava Hot Springs.
summer08 075
Above:  Jeff and Chase golfing at Lava
Right:  Chase jumping off the highest platform.
summer08 077
summer08 079

Chase, Jeff and I are our annual
Lagoon day!
summer08 088
Bear Lake with all the kids!
Chase is an awesome on the
wakeboard and just landed
his first flip a few weeks ago

july409 016 july409 019
Right before the 4th of July Jeff was in Boston on business and he brought Chase this hat back.  He then wore it for the next two days.  He wore it the entire Jonas Brothers concert.  He is so dang funny!!

Right:  Snowbird.  There was a moose right behind were the kids are standing.
july409 061

july409 042

Above: In the car on the way to Jonas Brothers.
Right:  View after we rode the tram to the top of the mtn at Snow Bird.




july409 129

Chase’s graduation.  He did a back flip when he got his diploma.  It was very cool!  We had a great party after!

chasegrad 001 

chasegrad 002

 

 

This last weekend was Chase’s last weekend living in Utah so we lived it up.  On Friday night the Huskinson’s had a party for Chaser.  It was a great time!  Chase had just got his wisdom teeth pulled and was a trooper!

chase 008 chase 009
chase 015
Scott gave Chase this megaphone thing (I don’t even know what’s it’s called).  Oh my, that could be trouble.





On Saturday Greg and Sheree (Jeff’s brother and sister in law) drove from Idaho Falls to have lunch with Chase.  Nothing is ever serious!!  Which is great!

chase 011
chase 014 chase 013

Then Chase headed over to my parents for one last Sunday dinner where everyone said good bye to him.  He has been such a source of fun for us!

chase 016 chase 017

 

Love you Chaser!  Can’t wait to come visit you in Virginia!!!

2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Ok, you made me cry too. He is a hreat kids. I still can remember the night I meet him at the derby and he caught the t-shirt and he said he was going to take it home (still living with mom) and wear it to his first day of school.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Cute post...what fun memories you guys have together. We will miss him too. I bet he and Jeff are having the time of their lives this week..a road trip like that would be the best.

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers