Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer 2012

I know it is impossible to cram an entire summer into one post.  But because of my slackerness I must do that!  It is long so please feel free to skip!!
 Jeff ran Rangar again and loved it as usual.  It is such a fun event!  Their team did great and finished faster than ever before!  I think they placed like 21st in or something like that!  AWESOME!!
                             Jill, Tonia and I volunteered at Ragnar.  I truly is such a fun time!
 We spend a few weeks at Bear Lake.  I love Bear Lake!  It is quite possibly one of my favorite places on this earth!  The kids were in the Raspberry days parade and loved it as usual.  We spent a lot of time on the water in the boat and loved our first summer with a boat!  Both Taylor and Jordan got up on the wakeboard and hopefully will keep at it!  Hunter became nearly an expert and Reg improved a ton!  Chase continued to do all sort of tricks and flips!  I don't have a picture but Mitchy feel in love with this kayak that my dad bought.  He paddled around in that for hours!  It was really fun to watch!
 Carolyn, Steve, Jen and Jer and their kids joined us at Bear Lake for the 4th.  Baby Leah's first time at the lake.  She LOVED Taesha.  It was so fun to watch!  I love both of these girls!

 Jord played soccer and softball.  Both seasons were SO fun.  The Wellsville girls were always  SO good in softball and Jord's team did not disappoint!  She played on Samantha's team and they had a blast!
 Taylor continued to play soccer and has improved so much!  My sweet little violin player is super aggressive and truly on of the better players on her team.  They made it to the championship game at the Cache Cup.  It was SO fun!!  I have had the opportunity of spending a lot of time with these girls and LOVE them all!  This team has parties and spends tons of time together which I love.  I consider these families some of my dearest friends!  Tsunami soccer is a huge blessing in our life.  A blessing that has nothing to do with winning or losing and far more to do with character development and friendships!
                                                              Tay sporting her medal!
                   Some of my favorite Tsunami Mommy's!  Great ladies who I love spending time with!!
It is sad when you have a boat and the only photo I have is of it being pulled in the parade.  We had SO much fun with our boat that I had to put it in as one of the highlights of summer!!
 I just had to add this photo!  I love it!  Mitchy always rides in the front with Lance at the parade!
 I was able to go to girls camp this year as one of the directors.  What an amazing, incredible experience!  These Young Women are incredible!  The future women of the church are strong, we are in good hands!  I fell in love with every one of these girls!  We went to a high adventure camp and they really had to stretch both physically and mentally.  It was a blessing to feel their spirit and "SOAK" up the Son with them.
The greater blessing was attending camp with my Taylor.  She is a brave, incredible girl and is truly a leader among her peers.  She was among the first to do all of the activities which made me proud.  But the truly telling moment was when she was among the first to bear her testimony.  Every once in a while parents get a payday.   That was definately mine!  I told Kim that being a camp director is such a cruel calling!!  You work with these girls for months getting ready to go, spend an incredible week with them and then it's all over!  I seriously had withdrawals for several weeks.  The good news is that I created a relationship with each and every one of them and they will all have a special place in my heart always!

 I couldn't find a picture of Jordan's swimming lessons.  She took from the same lady that taught me to swim!  I loved watching!!  Jord became a great swimmer this summer!

The Summer of 2012 was incredible for so many reasons!  This was the first summer I was a "stay at home mom"  Wow!!  What a lot of work!  I wouldn't change it for all of the money in the world!  I was grateful every day for my sweet husband who makes it possible!  I absolutely love caring for him and our kids and try (not always successfully) to never take any of these sweet moments with my family for granted!

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers