Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day 2012

I know!  I know!  I have not blogged since April.  My family is mad at me because they love reading the blog and my intention in starting was to create a history for my family.  Well, nothing tugs at my heart strings more than the first day of school.  It was so great, it inspired me to get back to blogging... At least for today:)

Here are the kids at the bus stop.  I know I say it all the time but I just can't overstate how grateful I am to live in this neighborhood.  You can see Jord towards the right hand side, standing by Reg and Sammy.
 Tay on the way out the door.  She is going into 7th grade and did not think that I should take a picture. She is such a beautiful girl and was SO excited for school.  While she was at school her young women leaders brought by the cutest little gift!  Again, how blessed are we?
 Tay and Brytan!  It seems just like yesterday that Heather (Brytan's mom) and I took them to Kindergarten together.  They have gone to school on the first day together ever year since then, 8 years! It hit me hard today that we are more than half way through their schooling.  They are growing up so be great young women and still BFF's!  Another blessing!!  When I took this picture was the first time I cried today.  The second time was shortly after when I saw Hunter's bus pull away!  He was going to a new school and I just took on his anxiety for just a minute!  When I saw him after school he said he did great!
 Jordie getting ready for 3rd grade!  She is so pretty!!  She was not totally excited as school is not her favorite thing.  In fact, her Grandpa Elden called her last night to tell her to have a good day and she replied, "I highly doubt that!."  She did however have a great day!
 Jordie and Kinnicko (as the kids call him).  She doesn't walk anywhere near Kim's house without picking him up.  We all love that baby!!  I'll bet he had a great day because he didn't have 5 kids in his face all day long!!
 Reg, Jord and Mannie!  Love, love these girlies!  It is so comforting to send them to school together.  Check our Mannie striking a pose!
 Jord getting off the bus.  Every year she limps off...  This year it was blisters!  That girl!
                                           Jord, Avery and Sicily.  Our neighbors and friends.
 Jord and Sicily, BFF's.  Sicily is Brytan's sister and I can't overstate how grateful I am for this family!
All of the kids at the "Snack Shack!"  Best neighborhood tradition ever.  My picture taking was weak because Mannie did not get off the bus!  She thought either Kim or I was picking her up because it was dance day so we had a moment of panic until we found her.  She was waiting at school!!  Jeff even came home from work to go to the Snack Shack but again, no photos because of trying to locate Mannie!

Every first day of school is a day I will never get back.  Mitchy will start school in the next few weeks and Chase left for his Senior year at Virginia Tech a few days ago.  This summer was particularly hard to let my Chaser go because he will graduate and move onto who knows what!  But he will likely no longer be coming home for the summer :(!  I took some laundry down to his room on Tuesday and had a vitrual melt down.  I just sat on his bed for a while.  Then I sent him a text and told him to drop out of school and come home!  He knew I was kidding!  Jeff and I are so proud of him!!

No comments:

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers