Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Founder’s Day 2011

Labor Day is one of my favorite days of the year.  Wellsville has undoubtedly the best town celebration of any town in Cache Valley.  I may be partial since I have been attending since I was a child and coming out to my Great-Grandma Bradshaw’s house.  I also may be partial since I have lived in Wellsville for most of my adult life.  I love everything about Founder’s Day.  I love the 5 am cannons, the early run, the parade, the sham battle and being with my family. 

iFrogz was a race sponsor which left Jeff getting up at 5 AM to help set up.  Jeff’s good friend Brian and his girlfriend Carolyn stayed with us Sunday night and enjoyed the celebration with us on Monday.  We all got up to run the race.  Jeff, Brian, Carolyln, Shea, Reagan, Hunter, Samantha, Lance, Ryker and Haydan all ran this year.  Kim had to sit out this year, but like every year she helped at the sign up stations.

laborday11 026 laborday11 029
laborday11 031 laborday11 041

 

For the first time ever I ran the 10K.  I recently started running and although I don’t love it my body is starting to adjust and even “crave” a good run.

laborday11 038

laborday11 042

ifrogz was a sponsor we Jeff took the tent down.  It looked really great!

After the parade the kids were in the float with our primary.  Jeff pulled the primary float and Shea rode with.  The kids all picked their favorite “scripture heroes.”   Taylor knew immediately she wanted to dress up like Rebecca.  Jord on the other hand was unsure.  When she originally looked in the Gospel Art Kit she pointed to a picture of Potiphar’s wife..  As we all know I had to do some quick redirection.  She, Samantha and their friend Avery all choose Queen Esther.  Bling!!

laborday11 048 laborday11 046
laborday11 050 laborday11 052

The cultural experience of the Sham Battle followed then we all ate lunch at our house.  What a great day and an incredible way to make the end of a great summer.

 laborday11 065

laborday11 064

6 months ago the guys started planning an motorcycle/ATV trip.  They planned to ride from Providence to the Lake Town house.  Now, one may have thought they were going cross country with the amount of dialogue and planning that went into this.  The friday before Labor Day the awaited event finally took place.  They left my parents house around 3 and arrived at the Lake Town house by 7.  We met them there for one last Bear Lake fling!

laborday11 004 laborday11 009
laborday11 008  laborday11 012

The photo above SICK!!

Everyone said they had a great time and they capped off their ride with a trip the Merlins.

laborday11 007

laborday11 013

laborday11 019

On Saturday we were able to spend on last peaceful day at the Lake.  The weather was nice and the kids had a great time.  Bear Lake is one of my favorite places on earth.  I have numerous childhood memories and love watching my kids make their own.

laborday11 022

We have spent hours this summer watching the kids from the beach to the boat, to the condo to the pool, to the playground, to get ice cream but most importantly spending time with each other. 

1 comment:

jilljohnson said...

What a great weekend. Andrew loved the ride he is still talking about it!

About Us

Elder and Sister Dattage are currently serving in the New Mexico, Farmington mission! They are serving in Zuni, New Mexico in the Zuni Branch!

Followers